Katie asked me how I decided to start blogging. I started a blog on another site about 5 yrs ago, and mostly used it as a wedding planning tool, then a newlywed tool, and it just became a part of my daily life. I remember blogging and commenting many times a day when I first started. I loved the feeling of connecting with other people... I made some amazing "friends", people I could share anything with, and I still feel that way. I've found that most of the people I meet are female, so it's really like a sisterhood... people going through the same things and just the ability to relate to one another and share encouragement.
Then my blog became my escape, my place to air my frustrations... 2 years ago was the beginning of the end of my life as I knew it. After being together for 8yrs, married for almost 3... my husband wanted a divorce. Just like that, I was turning 25, moving home and starting over. It was a very dark period in my life... one I am not proud of at all. I also lost my job, so I went from married, living in a beautiful new condo, taking wonderful fun vacations and working as a manager in a up and coming successful dental practice at 24 yrs old to divorced, unemployed and alone living back with my parents at 25. It was a huge slap in the face.
Luckily though, I feel like things are slightly turning around. I am dating someone very special to me (which I will go into more at a later date), working in a company that is growing as we speak, where they value me and respect me, and while I am still living at home, I am working on getting back out on my own and finding my own place.
All this while, I didn't feel like my other blog was "growing" with me. I won't leave it, there are still many wonderful people there that I don't want to lose touch with. But I just don't feel like there is the opportunity to meet as many new people there. I know I am not the same person I was 2 yrs ago, but I hope that the people who "get" me from there will move with me here (I know Alissa already has, makes me very happy!), and I will get the chance to meet some other amazing people.
Be patient with me please while I get started. I am helping the BF move this weekend, so I can't guarantee to be around much. But I am excited for the horizon and things to come :)
I'm adding you to my blogroll girlfriend!!!
ReplyDeleteI'm happy that you're back and blogging. It's a fun thing to do and it's great to get it all down.
Best wishes on your new blog!