Saturday, September 3, 2011

Fall Cleaning...

Im going to admit it... my house is not as sparkling clean as I would like on a day to day basis.  So this weekend, I am taking advantage of 2 full days off, and we are going to make a dent in the cleaning and organizing of this house... the one we have lived in for almost 4months.

I have plans for the spare bedroom.  I would like to make it an office space/playroom/tv room for me.  I feel like our huge living room is "weighted down" on the one side with both the love seat and couch, and then the tv and coffee table.  The plan is to organize the spare room enough to get the love seat in there (my tv and stand are already there).  Then add the workbench/playset for the kiddos and organize the two filing cabinets... shouldn't be hard, but I have a pile of purses, boots and clothes to sort through in there.  Add in Josh's totes that need to be unpacked and it is impossible to get in there at all!!  We have committed to 1 full hour in there together this weekend, and then I will spend some time once we get the couch in there like I want.

Anyway... I got myself off topic (go figure, mild ADD...).  I just went in and was going to take a nice bath and try to finish my book, and I started cleaning the bathroom a little.  Well, I don't think the last renters, or the landlord for that matter, took the time to clean our mini blinds at all in the entire apartment.  And they are all the flimsy aluminum, which means they are a pain in the ass to clean hanging.  So, I just did some research: the plan is to take them ALL down on Sunday (10 blinds total I believe) and soak/clean them in a mixture of warmish water and vinegar in the bathtub... then let them dry on the deck, since we are supposed to have great weather on Sunday.  I also plan on cleaning the kitchen and bathroom floors with a vinegar and water solution, as the floors never manage to look clean (the kitchen one is white linoleum).  When I am done, I will def have to post some pictures!

I feel good about the cleaning with vinegar, bc it is eco friendly (more so than all the chemicals I just used to clean the bathroom).  What are your favorite cleaning tips, and are you like me and just feel like as much fun as summer is, it has left a "grime" all over the house?

No comments:

Post a Comment