Lets just say I learned a lot on Sunday. I learned that 2011 was NOT my year... I hurt a lot of people and lost a really great friend. I have mentioned the situation previously, and here is all I am going to say on it. I hurt a really great person, by being undecisive. I do think that ultimately I made the right decision, but the way I did it hurt, and it burned a huge bridge in my life. One I miss everyday.
I had the opportunity to make it right on Sunday, and after 3mos of no contact, I tried. My friend's daughter spends every other weekend with her dad, in the same small town the above-mentioned friend lives. I didn't know this until Friday, when she asked if I would make the drive to get L. I of course said yes. I reached out to the other friend, and even though I was in Ptown for over an hr, and let him know where I would be, I still have heard nothing.
Do I deserve this? Yep. Looking back I wish I would have made things easier, cleaner. But I didn't, and I ended up losing one of my best friends. I know he is only doing what he has to do, but I made myself a promise. If he didn't show up Sunday, that was it. No more drunken txts or calls, no more emails. I had extended my branch, and if he hasn't healed enough to accept, then that is my issue, not his. I wish things were different, and in a way, the tables have turned. He tried for months to see me, talk to me, get me to open up, and I refused. Now it was my turn, and in a way I know it was payback for him not to respond. But I am not angry. I am hurt, but not angry.
They say Karma is a Bitch... well, I met her, and let me tell you, it isn't a lie...
No comments:
Post a Comment